A huge thankyou to all who attended and to those who helped make our Open Day such a success.
Brook Sanctuary Open Day
Sunday 19th February 11am - 4pm
Through the campground at the top of Brook St.
Bring the family and enjoy:
- a picnic in the beautiful sanctuary surroundings
- the passing Tui and Kereru flocks winging up the valley
- our new ‘native fish’ experience aquarium
-with help from NMIT Aquaculture, DOC and Cawthron we have a chance for you to get up close to some of our unique native fish species.
- learning about the critters that are teeming in the Brook stream with the ‘waimaori stream care’ programme.
- learning what the sanctuary is doing and get involved in Nelson’s most exciting conservation project.
- chill out with Live Music
- story telling
- Be carried along with a story of a river as it flows from Mountain to sea told by the magical puppeteer John Crick
- kids activities
- guided walks through the bush along the fantastic tracks, lovingly hand crafted by our dedicated volunteers
- food and drinks on sale
- real fruit Icecream
Come on up the Brook and join us as we celebrate the progress so far and help build a sanctuary surrounded by a pest proof fence where the ecosystem will recover and become a huge asset for future generations to enjoy.